Board of Directors
Mr. G. S Sundararajan
(Non- Executive Independent Director, Chairperson of the Board)
- Mr. G. S. Sundararajan is presently serving on Boards of several reputed companies in the Banking and Financial Service Sector. He is also actively involved in the field of Social Entrepreneurship in advisory capacities.
- He was till recently the Group Director, Shriram Group. He joined Shriram Group as the Managing Director of Shriram Capital Ltd., the Holding Company of Shriram Group's financial services and insurance businesses across India and overseas. Sundararajan's experience in the Asian market and his understanding of these countries and the business opportunities therein made Sanlam Emerging Markets induct him into their Board in South Africa in August 2013. In his capacity as Group Director, Mr. Sundararajan was a Director on the Board of the Group’s subsidiaries to provide oversight in critical areas of strategic growth opportunities for each of these companies. Specifically, Mr. Sundararajan was responsible for the Retail and MSME business housed in Shriram City Union Finance and the life and non-life Insurance businesses, housed in the two Insurance ventures in collaboration with Sanlam, South Africa.
- Prior to his Shriram stint, Mr. Sundararajan was the CEO & Managing Director of Fullerton India Credit Company Ltd., a registered Non-Banking Finance Company catering to the financial services needs of the retail and commercial mass markets. He was also the Managing Director of Fullerton Enterprises Private Limited, a KPO, which had formed a strategic alliance with the Centurion Bank of Punjab to jointly drive the SME business.
- Mr. Sundararajan was nominated to the Boards of two Financial Services investments of Temasek in China, one in Nanjing for the SME Business and the other in Chengdu in their Village Bank franchise. He was an integral part of Temasek’s vision for India in the Banking and Financial Services space that went on to become the fastest growing and largest networked Finance Company in the country.
- Earlier to this, he was the Managing Director and Head of Citibank’s SME and Asset Based Finance business in India. He had an exceptional stint at Citibank where he built the SME and ABF (Asset Based Finance) business of the bank across the country. He started his career in Sales with Eicher Mitsubishi and went on to head the captive finance arm of this company in India.
- He holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Coimbatore and a Post Graduate Diploma in Management from the Indian Institute of Management (IIM), Ahmedabad.
- Mr. Atul has over three (03) decades of Administrative Service experience with focus on Security, Vigilance and Anti-Corruption. Mr. Atul is an Indian Police Service (IPS) Officer of 1976 batch.
- Mr. Atul had served as Director General of Police (DGP), Uttar Pradesh (UP), DGP CBI in charge of UP and has been in-charge Additional Director General of Police, Crime, Law and Order. Mr. Atul had stints with Personnel Wing of DGP Headquarters as in-charge of IPS and PPS officers at Uttar Pradesh.
- Mr. Atul had been awarded Presidents Medal for distinguished service and has been President of IPS Association in Uttar Pradesh and President of Lucknow University Alumni Association.
- He is an M.Sc. (Physics) and B.Sc. (Physics, Math & Statistics) from Lucknow University.
Mr. Aditya Deepak Parekh
(Nominee Director representing Faering Capital)
- Mr. Aditya Deepak Parekh is the Co-founder of Faering Capital and has over 19 years of global and Indian experience in private equity and investment banking. Mr. Aditya serves on the Board of several Faering Capital portfolio companies including Utkarsh CoreInvest Limited, Finova Capital, WheelsEMI and FundsIndia.
- Prior to founding Faering Capital, Mr. Aditya was Vice President at Old Lane India Opportunities Fund, a private equity fund, where he was responsible for leading investments in the Indian real estate sector and was involved in evaluating opportunities across the infrastructure and financial services sectors.
- Earlier, Mr. Aditya had worked in the Media and Entertainment Investment Banking Group at Merrill Lynch, New York for five (05) years.
- He holds an MBA from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania and holds a Bachelor degree in Economics from Cambridge University.
MR. T. K. Ramesh Ramanathan
(Nominee Director representing RBL Bank Limited)
- Mr. T. K. Ramesh Ramanathan is a Senior Vice President – Finance Controllership with RBL Bank Limited. He has twenty (20) years of experience in Capital Market & Banking and has been with RBL Bank Limited since 2015.
- Earlier, Mr. Ramesh was part of the Investment Banking team at Standard Chartered in India.
- Mr. Ramesh has also held previous roles in business and finance of Deutsche Bank and IBM India Limited.
- He is a Chartered Accountant & is having Post Graduate Diploma in Management from IIM Indore.
Mr. Ashwani Kumar
(Managing Director & CEO)
- Mr. Ashwani Kumar has over sixteen (16) years of industry experience especially in the Microfinance and Priority Sector segments of BFSI Industry. He has handled senior management roles in different control and support functions at Utkarsh ever since its NBFC-MFI format (Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd.), then Small Finance Bank (SFB) format (Utkarsh Small Finance Bank Ltd.) and now with NBFC-CIC (Utkarsh CoreInvest Limited since March 2019). He is also on the Board of Utkarsh Welfare Foundation (UWF), a Section 8 Company, as a Director.
- Earlier, Mr. Ashwani had stints with NABARD Financial Services Limited (NABFINS), Canara Bank and Locus Research and Consultants Pvt. Ltd..
- He is a Rural Management Graduate from Institute of Rural Management, Anand (IRMA); a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) from ICFAI (India) and a B. Com.(Hons.) Graduate from Delhi University. He is a Certified Associate of Indian Institute of Bankers (CAIIB) and has other Diplomas and Certifications from Indian Institute of Banking & Finance (IIBF). He is also UGC NET (Management) certified and is a lifetime member of CFA Council (CCFA, India) and IIBF (India).